Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

April 23rd letter

So as you may already know, I have received my first transfer.  The Saturday before I left we had two baptisms. Alejandra (the daughter of Rosmary) and Armando. It was an amazing way to finish a change.


I´m in the city now opening an area. Zone Guayamuras, Area Valencia.  We don't know anything about the area really.  Thursday and Friday the ward mission leader took us out for a couple of hours and showed us where some of the leaders and other members live, they are going to be a huge help to us.

Thursday we were out contacting and we found a new investigator. We taught her that night and she asked us to come back the next day. We left her a pamphlet and when we showed up Friday she had read it all and answered all the questions.  Elder Harrington and I were amazed because niether of us had seen that happen before. She does have a Catholic background which is going to be a stumbling block, but I honestly think that we can get past it. We are going to be dependent on the members for awhile, because we still don't know all of our area yet.

My new companion is Elder Harrington, he is from Las Vegas and has a change less than me. So it was kind of interesting that President put us in the area together, especially since we have a ton of Spanish to learn.

Saturday we had a service project set up by President Hernandez. We moved medical equipment for a charity that focuses on dental work, but also does other medical stuff, mostly for prospective missionaries. They are heading over to work in Guatemala. It was cool to be apart of the experience.  We had the whole zone there for a project that only required about 6 people.

That's all for this week, thanks for the prayers and support.

Elder Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment