Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

April 9th letter

Something kind of interesting about Easter here in Latin America, rather than just celebrating Easter, they celebrate the whole week leading up to it.  They call it "La Semana Santa" or "The Holy Week".  Everyone gets work and school off. On TV they only show biblical movies basically.  Most of the people ended up spending their days at the river to cool off, and a lot of men spent it drunk. They celebrate extra on "The Holy Friday"and just remember Sunday as the day of the Resurrection. It's pretty interesting.

I'm getting transferred the 18th!  It's official, we had interviews with President and he told me "I think it is time that you leave this area elder".  Kind of exciting, but it feels like I'm going to have to start the mission over.  I've lived here so long I've gotten used to the routine.

Armando and Alejandra are going to be baptized this Saturday! And with my getting transferred the 18th it will be great to finish this change with two baptisms!

Our church attendance has been dropping and it really worries me. We only had 39 last Sunday.

My convert Senaida is living with her exboyfriend again, who is also a member. They don't have any plans to get married, shoot.

That's it for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment