Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

May 28th letter

Hey Everyone,

So we have hit the last week of the change.  (They are every 6 weeks.)  These last 6 weeks with Elder Harrington have flown by, I can´t believe how much time has passed.  Since we haven´t had too much success we could see that one of us gets transferred this  Wednesday. We´ll find out about that Tuesday. But I also wouldn´t be surprised if we had another change together. There are going to be a lot of changes in this zone.  One of the zone leaders finishes his mission, and so do three district leaders, and I think there are one or two others as well. There is a huge group leaving the mission and there will be a lot of changes.

We really only have one investigator that is progressing well.  His name is Carlos, he has been dating a member for 9 years, and she said if he wanted to get married he had to be baptized.  So we found him, talked to him, and found out that he wants to be baptized and he is almost ready . He only needs to go to church with us a couple of times.  We have a baptismal date for the 16th of June, hopefully all turns out well with that and hopefully both Elder Harrington and I will be here to see it all go through.

The members still realize that we need help so we´ve received some referrals from them.  Not many of them have been very positive, but we still have some on the way.  But the beauty of the referrals is that the investigator immediately has a friend in the church.

Thanks for all your love and support,

Elder Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment