Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Hey Everyone!

This week I may have had the coolest baptism that I will have all my
mission. Allan and Vanessa were baptized Saturday. Not only did we
baptize a family, but we did it in a river! It was cool, Allan said he wanted
to follow more of the example of Christ. So Elder Lopez baptized Allan
and I baptized Vanessa. I´m still not very good at explaining the
procedure, so after stumbling through the prayer I was lowering her in, but
she didn´t close her mouth and started laughing, so right before I put
her under I had to stop. So we had to do it again, but the second time
the prayer went well and I lowered her into the water with her mouth
closed ha. It was also cool because we planned for 25 people and
exactly 25 came! Usually they only get about 8 at the baptisms, but
with the river being closer than driving all the way to the Villa SF
it was easier for everyone to attend.

We do have another perspective family. Victor is the father and he
seems really positive, but it´s really hard to get him to church. He
always says that he will attend, but he hasn´t the past two weeks.
His son, Ariel, comes everyone once in awhile with his member grandparents.
The problem with that is that his grandparents are less active members.
It will take some work. We´re always searching for families.

Nothing else this week.

Love ya!

Elder Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment