Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy New Years!

Happy New Years!

So this was a pretty interesting week. We are a couple of Mormon
Missionaries living in the rental home of an Episcopalian Pastor with
Evangelical neighbors. Every once in a while all the branches of the
Evangelical churches of Ojo de Agua get together and have some sort of
Stake Conference or something. And it turned out that this week our
neighbors got to host it. It is really interesting to listen to the
way they worship, but to each their own. The bad part of this is
that they didn't start until 8 at night and didn't end until about
Midnight. Needless to say we did not sleep very well.
Then the following day was New Years Eve. We started the next day as
usual, but when the night came we visited some members and we
celebrated up until 9:00 ish and then went home. I celebrated the new
year falling asleep around 10:30 ish and waking up at Midnight to the
thousands of firecrackers and fireworks going off in Ojo de Agua.
Boy I love our neighbors!
We had our dinner of the new year in the branch this week. We had a
really good turn out, too bad they basically only come for the food.
But we met about 3 new investigators which was really cool. I hope
that we will be able to continue meeting with them.
This week we also met a member of 16 years that has been
inactive for about 15 years. It's one of those sad situations where
once the missionaries left she didn't really have any support so she
just stopped going. But she was super welcoming and very nice and we
are going to see if we can help her get back to church.
Allan and Vanessa are still progressing. They both accepted the
baptismal date of January 14th, so hopefully all goes well and we are
able to help them in their eternal progression. We spent part of New
Years Eve with them, and we still continually visit them almost every
day.
Even though yesterday was New Years Day we had a decent turn out for
church, granted we started 20 minutes late because at 9 we had about 7
members including us two missionaries and the branch president. But we
turned out to have about 38 members, a couple of less actives came and
we had 5 investigators.
That's it for this week!

Elder Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment