Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

April 2nd letter

Hey Everyone!

Can I just say that conference was awesome! I have come to really enjoy it and look forward to it. And guess what, I only have 2 general conferences left in the mission! Time has flown by!  I also noticed there was a huge theme on families. Which is very fitting since my mission has recently been focusing on finding families. We were really fortunate, because we had to go to the Villa of SF to
watch it, and we were waiting for the bus which didn´t arrive until 9:30, and it´s a half hour drive to the Villa. Luckily we only missed
a little. We did however have a power outage during the majority of Elder Oak´s talk. That kind of stunk, but I´m very grateful for the Liahona. We were all stuffed into a little office to watch it in english and it was so hot because the room was only about 10 by 15 and there were 5 elders. But we survived and I learned alot.

This week has been awesome. Tuesday night I got the feeling that we should visit Armando, even though we didn´t have it planned. So we went and talked to him. He ended up explaining that he wanted to be baptized, but felt like someone should have some sort of authority. So we explained about the Priesthood and he accepted a Baptismal date of April 14th. I have a ton of hope for him because he also showed up to conference even though we said we would be there all day. The branch ended up leaving after the Sunday Morning session, but we were able to catch a ride with some other elders. Anyway Armando is super positive and I´m almost positive I´ll be ending this change with a baptism!

Thursday after the District meeting we went to Hna. Melba´s house and had gringas. They were really good, but super greasy. After that we went on divisions with the Zone Leaders. I stayed in my area with Elder Adams. It was really cool just to be able to talk without having a barrier with the language. There were however a couple of kids that tried to hit us with rocks, but besides that it was awesome.

Friday we went to Pataste again. It´s like a half hour out of Ojo de Agua. We went on divisions with some members there and contacted the majority of houses. I challenged a family to baptism and they said yes, but they never showed up for church, so we are going to have to work alot with them. Plus I met some other people and taught them basically all on my own. It was a good experience and showed me what I need to work on as a teacher.

Saturday and Sunday we had Conference! It was so awesome and I learned so much!  Rosmary and Alejandra also showed up for Conference on Sunday.  They are super positive, but Rosmary still isn´t married. So her boyfriend is coming home this week from work, so hopefully we´ll be able to talk to him and help him either realize that he should do it for Rosmary. We´ll see how that all plays out!

This week has been great!  Thanks for all your support!

Elder Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment