Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Late posting for March 5th email!

Hey Everyone!

It's official, I've finally hit my 6 month mark! 1/4 of the way finished
already!

So we're here in Tegucigalpa again. Last week we went to the dentist for
Elder Flores, but were about an hour late for the appointment, so we set up
another appointment for today. While we were there I was trying to occupy
the time by reading, when a dentist from the other room walked in and asked
"Do you have the matches?" I looked up in surprise and saw a patient in his
room. How do these dentists work here? Plus after reading for a while I
looked up again and saw a fire behind Elder Flores' head! I thought that
his head was on fire, but it turned out there was a burner on behind him,
I guess here they still heat their tools to sterilize them.

Last week we came here we went to Little Caesars and two kids came in. One
was a boy about 10 years old and his 7 year old sister. He started doing
like a salesman type pitch, saying oh look at this hungry little girl. You
can afford to give her just one slice of pizza. I felt bad, but it's a
mission rule not to give out food or money. But Elder Flores felt
really bad for them so he offered half a bag of crazy bread, and the kid
rejected it! He walked up to the counter and bought his own crazy bread and
walked out.

Margarita is very difficult to teach right now. She is attending college,
and she has night classes Mon-Fri starting about 4 so we have to teach her
before 3. If we ever go before 3 she is usually studying. Apparently
she intends on being the top in her class, which is great for her and her
commitment to school, but hard for us to teach her. We have only taught her
about two times in the last two weeks. But if we ever have time to teach
her, she is very accepting and believing.

We also met someone new named Norma. We've only been able to teach her
once. She has two kids and lives with her husband (or boyfriend, I haven't
figured it out yet) we taught her the other day and I felt like it was
one of the best lessons Elder Flores and I have had. The spirit was really
strong, and she was really receptive to our message. So we went on
divisions yesterday and Elder Flores and President Beto taught her again
and said everything was going great.

Our last investigator is probably the best. In divisions E. Flores and
Pres. Beto met with Rosmary too. Pres. Beto was very impressed with her
and her interest in the gospel, and by the way, he is very hard to impress.
She has two kids, Alejandro and Alejandra, no joke. She also lives with her
boyfriend but he is almost always gone working. But they have been talking
about marriage and she said that she is interested in baptism. She really
is great and she learns really fast, which is honestly kind of hard to find
here.

Yesterday in testimony meeting it started out great and everybody was
going up and sharing their testimonies, and then at quarter til 10 nobody
went up. We sat there for literally 7 minutes during which time nobody went
up, I kept track of time just to report this. We finished the meeting 10 or
more minutes early. I felt the spirit in that time, but I also felt
slightly awkward wondering if anyone would go next.

Next Wednesday we have changes. I'm almost positive that I'll be
transferred this time. I kind of hope so cause I want to know more of
Honduras. But it might turn out like last change where I was pretty sure I
would be going and I ended up staying. So maybe I will stay here
another change. You never really do know.

Thanks for the support from everyone!

Elder Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment