Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Hey Everyone,

The owner of our house from Louisiana is back in town. He has a really
interesting story. He´s been coming to Honduras for 16 years for the
Episcopalian Church. One of the workers that he had a good relationship with,
died when she was 18 leaving a 2 yr old baby behind, so this man (Marvin)
volunteered to help raise him. The child still lives in Tegucigalpa, but he
is going to an Episcopalian high school and Marvin is sending him money all
the time. There is alot more to the story but I don´t think I´ll get into it all.
But he is really friendly. He invited us over for breakfast, and a nice hot
dog dinner. He loves to talk too. It´s been extra fun the last couple days
since he has been here.

The Elders quorum had an activity this week. We listened to Elder Holland
talk about the Sabbath Day, we played a quick game that just consisted of
tying knots in a rope and passing it, there were two ropes and the person
who ended up with both was eliminated. Then we finished off with baleadas
one of the best parts about Honduras. We also had three nonmembers show up,
it was really cool because they were invited by guys from our branch. Plus
we had a couple less actives come, which is always good.

We had a zone conference last week.  Three zones met together and we heard
some really good talks and inspiring words from the AP´s, Sister Hernandez
and President Hernandez. Plus we got to see a slide show of his life and family
which was a nice change. After that I was so motivated to go out and search for
those families that are searching for this gospel.

We might have to postpone Margarita´s baptism because she is going to
college and has a ton of homework, so we haven´t been able to teach her in
about a week. It´s pretty tough, but she still squeezed in an hour to go to
church, so I really do feel like she wants it. We´ll see how this week goes.

We also met a new lady named Rosemary. She seems really motivated and in
the second lesson she was saying that she wanted to be baptized. She does
live with her boyfriend though, so she said she was going to talk to him
about marriage. I´m really excited about her, but don´t think I´ll be here
to see her baptized.

Last Pday Elder Erickson from Mt. Pleasant and I were talking. The
whole landscape here is basically just like Spanish Fork Canyon. If you
want to know what it´s like in most of the areas here, just go up SF Canyon
and imagine houses made of adobe and a few coconut and banana trees and
that is basically the only difference.

That´s all for this week,
Elder Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment