Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Hey everyone!  So there is a lot to catch up on.

Elder Chapman and I went on divisions recently and a random lady approached
us and first asked if we were some sort of doctors, because we´re both
white guys wearing white shirts, I don´t know. But then we told her we are
missionaries and she asked us to pray for her daughters to return to her
from the US and from Tegucigalpa. So we talked to her for awhile,
and tried to convince her to go to her house to pray. But she wouldn´t
have any of that, she wanted it right there in the middle of the street.
After about 5 minutes, with no success in moving from the street,
we decided to have the prayer there and then, luckily I don't think that
anyone noticed us.  It was funny how insistent she was.

In Zamorano there is a college, and every once in awhile there is a random
North American when we go there for Pdays. It is so fun to hear english
from everyday people ha. But I still need to work on approaching people that
speak english. For some reason I feel more comfortable trying to contact
in Spanish ha.
The people here wear a lot of clothing with english writing and sometimes
it turns out to be pretty funny. I saw a guy wearing a hat that said "The
Place for WOMEN to Work and Shop".  I´ve also seen a couple of  girls basketball
camp tshirts that guys have been wearing.

The people in my area are really nice. I hear at least one person a day say
¨God bless you¨ even though they don´t want anything to do with the mormons
they´re still really nice to us.  One time we were contacting a house, right when
the lady opened the door, she just said "no"  and started shutting the door in our
faces. Elder Lopez tried really hard to just talk with her about anything but she
wouldn´t listen to any of it. It was pretty funny, maybe you just had to be there!
Last week we were having a zone conference and some drunk walked into the
chapel talking about how we´re all equal and children of God. Apparently he
is pretty famous in Zamorano for interrupting church meetings
.
Finally I got to eat something unique, PIG SKIN SOUP. It wasn´t too bad either.
Everything is great!  I love the mission and I love being a Mormon!

Elder Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment