Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

   So in some aspects the real mission is kind of like the MTC, meaning basically every day is the same. Even though we are teaching different people it is still basically the same routine every day. From 8 to 12 all we do is study! 1 hour of personal, 2 hours of companion, and 1 hour of language. Then we have lunch at 12 then we go out and teach and contact. Dinner is at 8, and then we finish the day.    So we have to postpone the baptisms of Ruth and Nestor. They did not show up to church yesterday which is frustrating. Actually the only investigator that did show up is not living the law of chastity so she can not even be baptized.
   But we are still scheduled to baptize Hermana Zenaida this Saturday, because even though she did not go to church this week she has gone many many times before. Plus, she was sick so we will let it slide.
   We met Onny- her mom is a member but she was not. But we taught her the lessons she believes and she has a date for December 10th. And Dariela, she is the cousin of Onny, she just turned 8 and said that she wanted to be baptized, so that is easy enough ha. No one else is really progressing that I can think of right now. But last week we met a guy named Henry, and he said he had just prayed to God to figure out a way to get closer to his family, and then we showed up! We have tried to contact him since but he is always gone.
   Today was cool. We are in Tegus right now, and we met with a bunch of the other missionaries and we played basketball and soccer. On the down side, we had to get up at 5:30 to get here at a good time ha.
I think that is it for this week.
Love ya
Elder Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment