Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Monday, December 5, 2011

The carnival came to Ojo de Agua!
It's amazing because O de A is a tiny pueblito. It is however a little
sad because they have about 3 rides, and they didn't look all that
great, granted I didn't pay to use it so maybe it was better than what
it looked like. But this must have been huge for here, because it was
here for about two weeks and every night about half that town was
there.
There is a facebook page of Ojo de Agua though, thanks to the Branch
President, Presidente Beto. It sounded a little bit weird like the
photos and comments, but I haven't seen it so maybe you can see a
little more about where I've been living for the last month. I also
saw a website for the town over www.villadesanfrancisco.com... I
think, I don't know what's on it, but kind of cool, and there is a
Honduras Google page, www.google.hn. Just a few fun things I've found
out.
At times it feels like I'm walking around a farm. The animals all get
loose or roam around once in awhile without anybody guiding them.
I've walked by loose cows, horses, donkeys, and tons a chickens. The
other day I saw a pig that was 3 1/2 years old, it was the biggest pig
I've seen in my life! Just in someones back yard. It's kind of weird
because there are a ton of dogs and people don't usually care if a
stray dog walks into their house, but yesterday at church two dogs
tried to get in, and it didn't seem like the people minded but it
bothered me a little so I quietly grabbed them and got them outside
and stood by the door ha.
We go to District meetings every Thursday and last time we got off the
bus and we saw Santa! Granted he was black, handing out pepsi and his
assistant definitely wasn't an elf, but we saw Santa nonetheless.
It's still been slow, not many progressing investigators this week.
Onny is getting baptized on this next upcoming Saturday, and so is her
cousin Dariella. We had a Zone Conference Wednesday and President
Hernandez challenged us to find 6 families. The branches down here
really need priesthood. So far we have found 2 families. It's really
hard because no one here bothers to get married. But if President
says it can be done, we can do it. So we've been looking around and
asking for a lot of references. We have one investigator Alex, he is
15 and feels embarrassed to go to church so he never goes, and we
decided to slowly drop him. But he showed up yesterday and we didn't
even go to invite him. It was awesome, so I think we will be working
with him more.
We had a giant beehive in front of our house so we decided to knock it
down. In the morning I threw a rock and hit it, but only a piece of it
broke off. So that night we had the briliant idea of knocking it down
with a broom. Luckily it was right next to our door so we could run in
right after. The unlucky thing is right when I knocked it down I
wasn't thinking clearly so I brought the broom in with me and it had
at least 200 bees in it! There were 200 bees in our house and we
couldn't open the door to let them out because there were 1000 outside
waiting for us. Luckily they were very attracted to the light and it
was night time, so we moved our lamp to the other side of the room,
turned it on and turned of the other lights and they all swarmed over
there. Then we soaked them in all sorts of bug spray. It was amazing
because somehow we got away with Elder Lopez only getting stung once,
I feel bad because it was mostly my fault, but only one sting was a
miracle.
We visited a less active member this week, and her husband decided to
start throwing anti-mormon literature at us. He said he wanted answers
but each time Elder Lopez tried to respond the guy wouldn't let him.
It was really annoying. The guy really had no interest in hearing the
true answers he just wanted us to contradict the other elders so we
just bore testimony prayed and left.
Fun times.
Love you guys!

Elder Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment